Our state-of-the-art Athletic Center is 42,000 square feet, featuring three competition-length basketball courts, a 2,300-square-foot fitness center with aerobic and cardio machines, circuit training, and free weights, an athletic trainer’s room with whirlpool and treatment tables, home and visiting team locker rooms, and an eight-lane swimming pool and training pool for summer camp.
Park’s suite of athletic facilities also includes:
• Two additional competition-length courts in the Blaustein Gyms. In combination with the Athletic Center, Park has five competition-length basketball courts, allowing teams to have their own spaces to practice.
• Kelly Field — our premier Astroturf — lined for field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer competition (with the soccer field scaled at collegiate dimensions). Kelly Field also includes a conditioning track, highlighting the optimal cushioning characteristics, along with the latest traction/torque field technologies.
• Four additional competitive playing fields on our main campus for field hockey, soccer, and lacrosse.
• Located 10 minutes away from Park on Hillside Road, Sugar Campus features four more competitive playing fields, including a Division III collegiate baseball facility and regulation-sized softball diamond, and is the site of Cross Country’s home course. It directly connects to Stevenson University’s Greenspring Avenue Campus, where Park’s home tennis courts are located. Sugar Campus is commonly referred to as “Hillside” or “Sugar.”
• The award-winning Appalachian Challenge course and adjacent pond used for Middle School physical education, leadership development, and outdoor education across all divisions.
The Athletic Center is located on the edge of Park’s pond.
Sugar Campus features a Division III collegiate baseball facility and regulation-sized softball diamond.
Three full-sized basketball courts, including the L. Brooks Lakin Performance Court, are the heart of the Athletic Center.
The Lyn P. Meyerhoff Fitness Center, which overlooks the pond, provides equipment for aerobic and strength training.
Our Appalachian Challenge course is one of the largest in the mid-Atlantic region and is nationally recognized.
The Kelly Turf Field is lined for varsity-level lacrosse, soccer, and field hockey competition. It reflects the latest research and innovation with regard to optimal athletic performance and injury prevention.
The Park pool is used for classes, summer camp, and other events during the year.
Park has five competition-length basketball courts, allowing teams to have their own spaces to practice.