PA Speaker: Kenneth Ginsburg, MD, MSEd
February 28, 2023
Resilience in Action: Raising Children and Adolescents Who are Prepared to Thrive!
The Parents’ Association invites you to join us for our latest speaker in the Ellen Small Speaker Series. This talk is an overview of the Seven C’s Model of Resilience. It focuses on communication strategies that position parents to be unwavering positive forces in their children’s lives.
Parents will leave the session better prepared to:
· Build confidence in their children
· Notice and reinforce their children’s competence
· Foster the vital connection between parents and children
· Develop character and a sense of contribution in their children
· Develop those critical coping strategies that will help their children thrive even through difficult times
· Help their children and teens gain control by learning that the privileges they earn are linked to the responsibility they demonstrate.
This presentation provides an overview of resilience with attention to strategies parents can use to help their children help themselves.
Free and open to the public.