Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world. ~The Park School Mission
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 820 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school
philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
The Park School of Baltimore seeks Lower School (PK – 5th grades), Middle School (6th – 8th grades), and Upper School (9th – 12th grades) Substitute Teachers on an as needed basis.
- Provide a safe and positive environment for students during their teacher’s absence.
- Implement lesson plans developed by the classroom teacher while demonstrating the ability and flexibility to make tech adjustments as needed to meet student needs.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other teachers and administrators within the division.
- Complete duties assigned to the classroom teacher outside of the classroom (monitoring halls, lunch duty, etc.).
- Maintain and respect confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Ensure adequate supervision to ensure the health, welfare, and safety of all students.
- Follow all health and safety protocols set forth by the school.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills with children and adults.
- Experience in a classroom environment.
- Must enjoy working with students and supporting their learning.
The compensation rate for substitute teachers is determined by the portion of a full day or the number of courses covered. The rates are set at levels competitive with peer schools.
Due to the large volume of incoming resumes, we cannot accept phone calls. Send a letter of interest, personal statement, and résumé. Please indicate whether you plan to attend any national recruitment forums. Please also indicate whether there are any special circumstances that will affect the timing of your search, availability for interviews, and decisions for the coming year.
Priscilla Morales, Associate Head of School
The Park School
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of any employee’s duties.