Part-time Bus Driver
Are you a CDL School Bus driver? Park School is looking for a part-time bus driver with potential for plentiful extra hours.
School days, four hours per day/20 hours per week.
6-8 a.m. and 2:45-5:45 p.m.
Lots of flexibility to choose to take on more trips if desired. Athletic games, field trips, AM and PM Bus routes, all in a warm, friendly environment.
Work available during the summer as well. Come drive for us!
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 856 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives responsibly and ensures physical safety of the students
- Checks that students do not get off from the bus other than at designated place
- Maintains order and discipline among the students
- Conducts daily vehicle inspections, and cleans assigned vehicles
- Reports all accidents and vehicular defects
- Conducts emergency school bus evacuation drills
- Completes bi-annual CPR and First Aid training, provided by the school
- Ensures that bus contains adequately stocked first aid kit
- In the event of a disaster, driver must take full responsibility to evacuate the students and shift them to a secure place
- Ensures that the bus is clean, removing all debris
- Must have a CDL class B with P and S endorsement
- Prior experience preferred
- Yearly DOT Physical
- Random DOT drug screens
EEOC: The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.
COVID-19: Please note: Park School currently requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to legally required exemptions, as a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must apply by submitting a résumé and an application to:
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Park School
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
References may be requested after the application has been submitted.