Lower School Extended Day Staff
The Park School of Baltimore has an opening for part-time staff in its Extended Day program. Staff in this position supervise children after regular school hours. Applicants must enjoy interacting with children ages Kindergarten–Grade 5.
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 845 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- Supervising students: Supervise students inside our building as well as outside in our playgrounds in order to ensure a safe environment as they engage in a variety of activities.
- Engaging with students: Engage and play with students in a professional manner while creating a fun, inviting, and relaxed environment.
- Communicating: Communicate regularly with the Director of Extended Day, and communicate any issues or concerns to the site coordinator.
- Planning: Help to develop and plan activities for the students and create a schedule of the activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or experience working with children in a school or daycare environment
- Transcripts of coursework in elementary education and/or coursework in childcare classes
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must enjoy playing and interacting with children
- Must take initiative, be self-directed, and capable of independently identifying and solving problems
- Must have good communication skills and work well with both children and adults
- Job requires playing with children both indoors and outdoors
WORK HOURS AND DAYS
Monday through Friday 2:45-6 p.m.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Park salaries are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Send letter of interest (email preferred), salary requirements, and résumé to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.
Please note: Park School currently requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to legally required exemptions, as a condition of employment.