Boys’ Varsity Tennis Head Coach
Founded in 1912, Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school with 845 students in pre-kindergarten through grade twelve. The school’s core values, rooted in progressive educational philosophy, sustain an unshakable belief in children’s capacity to enjoy learning, to act rationally, and to grow when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers. A fundamental commitment to inclusiveness and equity guides all programs and activities.
THE POSITION: PT Head Coach – Boys’ Varsity Tennis
The Park School Athletic Department is seeking candidates for part-time head coaching positions working with the Boys’ Tennis team for the 2022 spring season.
- Coaching and playing experience at the high school and/or collegiate level (preferred)
- Ability to work with and motivate students of all skill levels
- Punctuality at practices and matches
- Consistent attendance at practices and matches
- Detailed understanding of the principles of a developmental program
Including but not limited to:
- Supporting school policies, including but not limited to: sportsmanship, integrity, accountability, dedication, and effort
- Maintaining the school’s progressive philosophy throughout the season
- Developing and teaching programmatic systems consistent with the entire tennis program
- Working in association with Athletic Trainer in event of injury
- Planning and managing practices
- Traveling to/from away matches with team
- Serving as mentor & role-model to current students
- Attending parent-coaches pre-season meetings and all department orientations/meetings
- Guiding student-athletes
- Maintaining and exemplifying appropriate conduct towards officials, opposing coaches, and players
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to:
Director of Athletics Boys’ Program
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.