Real Food Farm Family Day of Service
REAL FOOD FARMS
May 2, 2015, 1:00-4:00pm
Family Day of Service
REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL. LOOK FOR MORE SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES NEXT FALL!
After hearing from many parents that they would like the opportunity to perform service projects with their children, we have contracted with Real Food Farms for a Family Day of Service!
Real Food Farms is a Civic Works’ innovative urban agricultural enterprise, in and around Clifton Park, that strives to:
- Improve neighborhood access to healthy food
- Develop Baltimore’s vibrant agriculture sector
- Provide hands-on education opportunities for Baltimore’s youth
- Protect the environment and improve the watershed
We have it on good authority that the weather will be perfect that day, but on the off chance that we are wrong, the Day of Service will take place rain or shine! A few things to know:
- The farm will provide all the tools we need. They have a fairly large mix of work glove sizes. However, if your child/children want to bring their own gloves, that would be great.
- There is a pavilion and picnic tables available if you would like to pack a lunch and enjoy the farm atmosphere prior to beginning work.
- There will be water available, but please bring water bottles to fill.
- There is a port-a-potty on site.