Parents’ Association Coordinator/School Store Merchandising Associate
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences. We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education. We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world. ~The Park School Mission
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 820 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge.
At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
Parents’ Association Coordinator/School Store Merchandising Associate, 12 months, Part-time, non-exempt.
Serves as primary support to the Parents’ Association (PA) Office overseeing and coordinating program activities. Supervises activities and volunteers in conjunction with the Director of Special Events and Parent Programs. In addition, the role manages Park’s online and physical store. This is a part-time, 28 hour per week position.
General Office Operations
- Serve as a principal source of information to parents
- Greet visitors, answer and screen phone calls, respond to requests for information and provide assistance
- Screen and respond to mail/email
- Schedule and coordinate meetings/events. Determine facility, equipment, and publicity needs
- Serve as a liaison between other school offices for the purposes of facilitating volunteer needs in support of school division activities, confirming important dates between divisions, and keeping open communication so that information is correct and consistent between divisions
- Maintain electronic and hardcopy backups and notes on all Parents’ Association business
- Process orders for Parents’ Association events such as Bingo tickets, May Day T-Shirts, etc. Prepare information required to charge Park accounts and prepares checks for deposit
- Responsible for tracking budget, purchase orders, requisitions, and funding requests
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies
- Maintain Parents’ Association calendar and contacts
- Perform additional functions incidental to office activities
- Assume responsibility for decisions in the absence of the Program Coordinator
- Support the Program Coordinator with all PA Events and Programs
Correspondence and Material Design
- Compose correspondence, written material, event flyers, etc. Prepare and distribute mailings
- Use graphic design skills to create simple flyers, announcements, and evites
- Attend special events planning meetings and provide instruction and support to parents on coordination of activities
- Attend Parents’ Association events as needed, and supervise events as necessary
- Handle merchandise selection, purchase and receipt, includes artwork selection and approval
- Administer online site
- Perform monthly reporting and inventory analysis
- Fulfill online orders, includes shipping and in person pickup coordination
- Staff store location, greet and engage customers, maintain displays, restock merchandise, and ring up sales
- Coordinate and organize pop up sale events in concert with Park special events
- Assist with store marketing to drive sales and increase brand recognition
- Compile and manipulate data for reports, such as Parents’ Association board and grade rep rosters, diplomas, label production, nametags, agendas, etc.
Other duties may be requested or assigned.
Work Hours and Days:
- 28 hours per week over 4 or 5 days starting at 8 am. Must include Friday.
- With advance notice, ability to work occasional nights or weekends for special events or meetings
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in related field required
- Bachelor’s degree required
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and presentation
- Strong computer skills, Word and EXCEL, PowerPoint
- Graphic Design skills would be a plus
- Apparel retail merchandising skills
- Veracross, Square (training provided)
- Maintain complete confidentiality and professionalism
- Required to remain stationary for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Supervisory Responsibilities: Overseeing parent volunteers
Salaries and Benefits
Park’s wages and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading area independent schools.
Due to the large volume of incoming resumes, we cannot accept phone calls. Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, resume, and list of references via email (preferred) or post to:
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.