The Bus Driver will transport students between school or pick-up areas and their homes in mornings and afternoons. School bus drivers usually operate the same routes. Drivers may take students to trips and excursions, which may occur on weekdays, weekends, holidays, or evenings.
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 845 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- Drives responsibly and ensures physical safety of the students
- Checks that students do not get off the bus other than at designated places
- Maintains order and discipline among the students
- Conducts daily vehicle inspections, and cleans assigned vehicles
- Reports all accidents and vehicular defects
- Conducts emergency school bus evacuation drills
- Completes bi-annual CPR and First Aid training, provided by the school
- Ensures that bus contains adequately stocked first aid kit
- In the event of a disaster, driver must take full responsibility to evacuate the students and shift them to a secure place
- Ensures that the bus is clean, removing all debris
- Other duties as requested or assigned
- Prior experience preferred
- Must be dependable
Must have and maintain the following:
- Valid state driver’s license
- CDL class B with P and S endorsement
- DOT Physical and drug screen
Please note: The School requires immunization against COVID-19 subject to applicable medical or religious exemptions under state and federal law. If an exemption is requested, the School will determine whether reasonable accommodations are available in accordance with applicable law.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
Park’s wages and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading area independent schools.
Send a résumé and/or completed application that you can download here to:
Mail: 2425 Old Court Road, Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.
Please note: Park School currently requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to legally required exemptions, as a condition of employment.