Part Time and Full Time
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
– The Park School Mission
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school for students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge.
At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
The Position: Part Time and Full Time Bus Drivers
Transport students between school or pick-up areas and their homes in mornings and afternoons. School bus drivers usually operate the same routes. Drivers may take students to trips and excursions, which may occur on weekdays, weekends, holidays, or evenings.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: PART TIME
- Drives responsibly and ensures physical safety of the students
- Checks that students do not get off from the bus other than at designated places
- Maintains order and discipline among the students
- Maintains daily reports to show destination and time of arrival and departure for each student
- Recommends changes to established routes; modifies routes affected by detours or unusual traffic conditions
- Implements changes in established routes, as directed by the supervisor
- Reviews and corrects descriptions of bus routes
- Conducts daily vehicle inspections, and cleans assigned vehicles
- Reports all accidents and vehicular defects
- Conducts emergency school bus evacuation drills
- Completes bi-annual CPR and First Aid training, provided by the school
- Ensures that bus contains adequately stocked first aid kit
- In the event of a disaster, driver must take full responsibility to evacuate the students and shift them to a secure place
- Ensures that the bus is clean, removing all debris
- Performs other duties as needed
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: FULL TIME
- Duties include all of those listed above
- Drives vehicles to and from repair shops
- Inspects vehicles to ensure that preventative maintenance and service checks have been performed
- Performs routine maintenance on buses and other vehicles
- Ensures that vehicle interiors and exteriors are regularly cleaned
- Ensures that automotive supplies are well stocked
WORK HOURS AND DAYS (PART TIME)
- Monday through Friday, hourly, 6:30-8:30 a.m. and 2:45-4:45 p.m.
- 20 hours of work guaranteed (except during breaks and holidays) with more hours available by driving athletic and field trips
WORK HOURS AND DAYS (FULL TIME)
- Four-day work week; 6:30-5:00 p.m.
- Overtime may be available
- Must have a CDL class B with P and S endorsement
- Prior experience preferred
- DOT Physical and drug screen
Please note: Park School currently requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to legally required exemptions, as a condition of employment.
Requires frequent intervals of considerable physical effort including lifting, carrying, and pushing of heavy equipment and materials ; requires frequent bending, stooping and crouching. Must be able to identify, observe, and estimate various objects from close and far distances. Requires working in all weather conditions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Park’s pay rates and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools.
FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
In addition to normal retirement and health benefits for full-time employees, the school offers the following distinctive program:
Under current policy, employees who have been at Park full-time for two years are eligible to receive full tuition remission for their children who attend Park. All candidates, including employee children, must meet Park’s standards for admission. (During the first two years of employment, faculty may apply for aid through the need-based financial assistance program.)
Send cover letter, resume, and completed application (from website: https://www.parkschool.net/about/employment/)
Email (preferred) email@example.com
Mail: 2425 Old Court Road, Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.