Middle School Tennis Coach
The Park School Athletic Department is seeking candidates for part-time head coaching positions working with the Boys’ Varsity/JV Lacrosse teams for the 2022 spring season.
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 845 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- Coaching and playing experience at the high school and/or collegiate level (preferred)
- Ability to work with and motivate students of all skill levels
- Punctuality at practices and matches
- Consistent attendance at practices and matches
- Detailed understanding of the principles of a developmental program
Including but not limited to:
- Supporting school policies, including but not limited to: sportsmanship, integrity, accountability, dedication, and effort
- Maintaining the school’s progressive philosophy throughout the season, and developing and teaching programmatic systems consistent with the entire lacrosse program
- Working in association with athletic trainer in event of injury
- Planning and managing practices
- Traveling to/from away matches with team
- Serving as mentor and role model to current students
- Attending parent-coaches pre-season meetings and all department orientations/meetings
- Guiding student-athletes through collegiate recruiting process
- Maintaining and exemplifying appropriate conduct towards officials, opposing coaches, and players
- Maintaining and managing all statistical records from the season
Resume and cover letter should be emailed to Director of Athletics Boys’ Program Dia Clark at:
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.