Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist performs day-to-day HR functions in varying degrees of complexity to support employees and ensure that processes, programs, and policies are aligned, maintained, and optimized.
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 845 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- Process applicant steps, job offers, and new hire onboarding
- Assist with recruitment, interviews, and reference checks
- Respond to benefit questions, process enrollments, monitor eligibility periods
- Assist with Open Enrollment and annual benefits fair
- Review/audit semi-monthly ADP payroll, assist with system implementations
- Track leaves, process FMLA and short-term disability paperwork
- Maintain personnel files and records
- Audit employee records, assist with external plan audits
- Maintain data in multiple systems
- Update benefit materials, HR webpages, and mandatory postings
- Respond to requests for verifications and surveys
- Other duties may be requested or assigned
Please note: The School requires immunization against COVID-19 subject to applicable medical or religious exemptions under state and federal law. If an exemption is requested, the School will determine whether reasonable accommodations are available in accordance with applicable law.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years or more relevant experience in Human Resources
- SHRM certification preferred
- Experience in an independent school preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office required; experience with HRIS systems (ADP) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
- Ethical mindset and the ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to exercise discretion and perform work independently
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of HR benefits, policies, and applicable state and federal laws
- Knowledge of database applications with the ability to query, analyze, and summarize data
- Required to remain stationary for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
WORK HOURS AND DAYS
M-F, 40 hours per week, non-exempt position
Under current policy, employees who have been employed at Park full-time for two years are eligible to receive full tuition remission for their children who attend Park. All applicants, including employee children, must meet Park’s standards for admission. During the first two years of employment, employees can apply for support through the need-based financial assistance program.
Due to the large volume of incoming résumés, we cannot accept phone calls. Interested candidates are asked to send a letter of interest, personal statement, resume and list of references via email or US mail.
Associate Head of School
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
FAX (410) 339-4125
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.
Please note: Park School currently requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to legally required exemptions, as a condition of employment.