Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fellow
The Park School of Baltimore is seeking a full-time, 10 month, one year Fellow for the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). The DEI Fellow will work in partnership with the Director of DEI, the divisional principals, divisional deans, and administration to provide thoughtful and robust Pre-K-12 student programming with respect to equity and inclusion. The Fellow will also work on other initiatives and programming as needed in the Office of DEI and at Park. The fellowship is intended for those at the beginning of their career path and who are eager to learn about and contribute to meaningful and significant DEI work at Park.
Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 845 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- Support of students, especially of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) community
- Plan and support student-facing programming (i.e. Partners, affinity groups, WOKE Day)
- Partner with the Director of DEI and divisional principals to address community and institutional priorities
- Presenting/preparing age appropriate materials for all Diversity and Inclusion months (i.e Women’s History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, etc.)
- Demonstrate and model an understanding of cultural humility work
- Be able to plan strategically with organizational context in mind
- Be willing to meet and support students in their growth
- Be able to streamline, update, and sustain student programming as it pertains to DEI
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Student group facilitation experience desired
- Relevant experience with equity and inclusion within organizations/educational institutions
- Ability to identify and engage new initiatives that move the collective work of the Office of DEI forward
- Knowledge of current research related to equity and inclusion work
- Experience using data to drive, assess, and inform program effectiveness
- Demonstrated experience in a collaborative environment
SALARIES AND BENEFITS
Park salaries and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading area independent schools. For new appointments, salaries reflect experience and training equated to Park’s scales.
Due to the large volume of incoming résumés, we cannot accept phone calls. Interested candidates are asked to send a letter of interest, personal statement, résumé and list of references via email or US mail.
Priscilla Morales, Associate Head of School
The Park School
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.
Please note: Park School currently requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to legally required exemptions, as a condition of employment.