Boys’ Varsity Lacrosse Coach
Founded in 1912, Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school with 780 students in pre-kindergarten through grade twelve. The school’s core values, rooted in progressive educational philosophy, sustain an unshakable belief in children’s capacity to enjoy learning, to act rationally, and to grow when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers. A fundamental commitment to inclusiveness and equity guides all programs and activities.
The Park School Athletic Department is seeking candidates for part-time head coaching positions working with the Boys’ Varsity/JV Lacrosse teams for the 2022 spring season.
- Coaching and playing experience at the high school and/or collegiate level (preferred)
- Ability to work with and motivate students of all skill levels
- Punctuality at practices and games
- Consistent attendance at practices and games
- Detailed understanding of the principles of a developmental program
Including but not limited to:
- Supporting school policies, including but not limited to: sportsmanship, integrity, accountability, dedication, and effort
- Maintaining the school’s progressive philosophy throughout the season, and developing and teaching programmatic systems consistent with the entire lacrosse program
- Working in association with athletic trainer in event of injury
- Planning and managing practices
- Traveling to/from away games with team
- Serving as mentor and role model to current students
- Attending parent-coaches pre-season meetings and all department orientations/meetings
- Guiding student-athletes through collegiate recruiting process
- Maintaining and exemplifying appropriate conduct towards officials, opposing coaches, and players
- Maintaining and managing all statistical records from the season
Resume and cover letter should be emailed to Director of Athletics Boys’ Program Dia Clark at:
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.