Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
We cultivate children’s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world. ~The Park School Mission.
The Park School is a non-sectarian, independent, coeducational day school of 820 students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Founded in 1912 as one of the early progressive schools, The Park School continues to practice a distinct educational philosophy. The core values today, as in 1912, are a belief in children’s capacity to love learning, to grow academically and emotionally when inspired by highly qualified, caring teachers, and to develop self-discipline, confidence, and creative problem-solving skills through deep exploration and constant challenge. At every grade level, from Pre-Kindergarten through Upper School, Park actively encourages questioning and conversation as essential elements of the learning process. The school philosophy emphasizes a belief in positive expectations and expects that students, as they mature, will take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
The Park School is looking for individuals to perform administrative duties to support the work of the division, department, or program to which they are assigned. Most positions are full-time, 12-months.
- Ability to move the goals of the institution forward
- Orientation to a progressive philosophy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a variety of contexts
- Demonstrated experience and/or openness with technology that support current best practices
- Demonstrated experience and/or openness to cultural competency work
General Administrative tasks including
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Provide scheduling support (via Outlook, Google Calendar)
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Prepare presentations
- Create and maintain files
- Respond to and resolve administrative inquiries and questions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Work Hours and Days
Normal work hours are typically Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.; some positions may offer 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. or other similar variations.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant administrative experience in a school-environment preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pays great attention to detail, establishes priorities and meets deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with independence.
- Knowledge of office procedures, and use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Must be able to remain stationary or move about regularly.
Salaries and Benefits
Park pay rates and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading area independent schools.
In addition to normal retirement and health benefits, the school offers the following distinctive program:
Under current policy, employees who have been employed at Park full-time for two years are eligible to receive full tuition remission for their children who attend Park. All applicants, including employee children, must meet Park’s standards for admission. During the first two years of employment, employees can apply for support through the need-based financial assistance program.
Due to the large volume of incoming resumes, we cannot accept phone calls. Interested candidates are asked to send a resume and list of references via email (preferred) or US mail to:
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.